.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Personal Statement: Participated in a Nasa Space Camp Essay

At the age of five, a young boy from India boarded his first flight while travelling from Chennai to Hong Kong. He developed a strong by-line in aircrafts. In the year 2008, this young boy from India was inspired when he participated in a NASA quadrangle camp. This boy and his friends were awarded the prize of the best junior scientists by Mr Steve Johnson, the Chairman of NASA. The award was given on the basis of fulfilment of various criteria based on various fascinating activities like modelling a rover and constructing a rocket that would travel upwards 250m or above. This boy was none other than me and I knowed every second that I spent in the space camp. The NASA space camp was a turning point in my life.My keenness to be involved with aircraft took a definite shape in the form of my scatty to become an astronaut or be involved in Aerospace engine room. Working in an organisation like NASA as an Aerospace Engineer became my ambition for life. Since then I have been enthus iastic about gaining all kinds of knowledge regarding aviation and aerospace engineering. I also visited ISRO, the Indian Space Research Organisation, the Indian equivalent of NASA, located in Sriharikota, a place in the southern part of India. Though there was a great deal of difference in the technology used in the space centres in the US and in India, I was able to learn a great deal about Chandarayan, the first successful mission constructed by an Indian as the project director MylswamyAnnadurai gave a detailed explanation about it.By the end of Grade 10, I had understood that if I really wished to take up a career in Aeronautical Engineering I would have to further my horizons of education. The first step that I took to pursue this pipe dream of mine was to take up an international curriculum, the International Baccalaureate in an international, residential school. It is here that I was enabled to do some research regarding the best universities that offered Aerospace Engineer ing and Aeronautics. I found out that though there are comparatively few universities in India in which the subject is available, the ones that do are the best. I have, since then, been displace in my best to mould myself into a suitable candidate to enter one of these highly-acclaimed universities.I took up Physics, Mathematics, and Information technology in Global edict the basic requirements to pursue Aeronautical Engineering, at the higher level and made the most of the opportunities available. Undeterred by my poor performance initially, primarily due to my impuissance in English, I worked hard to become one of the toppers in these subjects in my batch. In the year of my visit to NASA, another significant event took place in my life. Being interested in hockey and having played the game for a few years, I was selected to play in the Under-14 CBSE (the most popular Indian curriculum) confederation Zone hockey tournament. My success in the game led to my being selected in the All-India Under-14 Hockey team. However, a serious injury prevented my playing any curb as part of the team. The game I have picked up since is Badminton which I play well enough to be part of the school team. Besides, I enjoy watching Tamil movies. My other hobbies are playing computer games and listening to music.As I have been brought up in a family of politicians, the wish to reply the society is an inherent part of me. My father encourages me to serve the needy and the poor especially on special days like my birthday and Diwali, the festival of lights. Hence, it was with backup man that I fulfilled the requirements for acquiring the silver medal of the International Award for Young People and the service activities of CAS.Now I am poised to movement ahead in life, gain all the knowledge and skills required to be able to design aircraft and set up my own industry that will leave to my needs and those of my country and countrymen by providing quality infrastructure and emplo yment at a large scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment