.

Friday, January 18, 2019

A Walk to Remember Essay

A strait To Remember A crack To Remember by Nicholas Sparks uses a numerous amount literary elements to give rise this smell throbbing phenomenon. Sparks uses foreshadowing to create clues to what will happen subsequent on in the novel. Jamie, some clippings in behavior there be clock times when we will laugh and opposite times when we will word (Sparks 77). Landon Carter the principal(prenominal) character theorizes this to Jamie foreshadowing the loving relationship that will aim between the two. Irony alikek part in this harbor as well.Landon tells Jamie, Jamie, I promise I will not f in tot every last(predicate)y in discern with you. Now will you go to homecoming with me? (Sparks 44). Its quite ironic that he mentions that to Jamie because thats exactly what he ends up doing. As I watched the snow melt, and the fresh essence of spring coming through the air, i considerd the some precious intimacy of all life (Sparks 278). Landon realizes that life goes on, even out during the coldest times. Casting a prism of light across the slow darkening water, splitting itself in to a thousand distinguishable parts, from each one more beautiful than the last (Sparks 216).Landon describes this breath taking sunset at the lake in a perfect sequence of words using imagery. This succeeding(a) quote describes Landons feelings of fear and hurt he has when he finds give away ab extinct Jamies leukemia. He describes himself as, The blood drained from my face and a sheet of dizzying images fluttered through my mind (Sparks 292). 57 course of study old Landon Carter narrates the historic of his 17 year old self, from when his life changed drastically. The antagonist and the protagonist of the level is Landon himself. At 17 he was at war with himself to find break through who he really was, and who he really wanted to be.This conflict is dogged when Landon if forced to participate in a Christmas play at the townships passelsfolk church where hi s character plays the conductor of an orchestra who is looking for this mystery, music making, girl with the spokesperson of an angel. That girl, is Jamie, the pastors daughter. During there rehearsals Landon finds himself infatuated with Jamie. Jamie brings a whole new light and linear perspective to Landons life. When Landon confesses his relish for Jamie, Jamie lands upset because she has to tell him she is sick with leukemia and she has less than a year to live.Landon is angry that their time unitedly is limited, further he cool off finds himself falling for her more and more e rattlingday. Landon Carter is the popular punk in broad(prenominal) School. His foolish ways face him with consequences of an after school activity in a play at the local anaesthetic church. Out first Landon acts refractory and unreliable. Of course when he lays eyes on Jamie he has need to get laid her more. A need to get inside her life. All Landon wants is to find out who he really is, to un cover his purpose. When he wasnt looking, that purpose anchor him in the about peculiar place of all, inside Jamies heart.In A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks, it tells a story closely a 17 year old who searches for his purpose, and ends up finding love. This crush is a must read. It starts off a little slow further once it gets going, you will not want to put the book down. not solely is it about love and it is also a tragedy. Its a book that gives you wish in life, puts tears in your eyes, and a smile on your face. A Walk To Remember is a heart wrenching novel Landon Carter can be described as a perfect character. Someone who was unreliable, a punk, and then turns out to be the most amazing guy ever.A Walk to Remember EssayWhen I was 17, my life changed forever. Im 57 years old, but even now I can commend every social function from that year, down to the smallest details. I salvage that year often in my mind, bringing it back to life, and I realize that when I do, I f eel a strange combination of happiness and sadness. this is my story I promise to leave nothing out. prototypic you will smile, then you will crydont say you havent been warned. Written by an international scoop upselling author and my person-to-person favorite Nicholas sparks, finds a tale of true love, first love and utter(a) love that you will never forget A passing to recollect is most definitely my favorite book of all time. The tale begins with a 57 year old Landon Carter, looking back at the year of 1958 set in, North Carolina. He remembers every single thing in that year. From the smell of both the sea and lilacs to the girl that changed everything in his life forever. Landon had already dated a girl or two. He even swore that he had once been in love. Certainly the last person in town he thought hed fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the daughter of the towns Baptist minister.A quiet girl who always carried a password with her schoolbooks, Jamie seemed content living in a world apart from the other teens. She took care of her widowed father, rescued hurt animals, and helped out at the local orphanage. Out of guilt and a bizarre twist of fate, Landon asks Jamie to the school dancing and ends up volunteering to help her in the town churchs Christmas play. everywhere time, they become close friends, they cope their dreams and aspirations with each other and strangely lavish Jamie nurtured a very simple dream to get married in a church full of slew where she could flip the aisle.As time passes, Jamie shows Landon how deep the serviceman soul can be, opening his eyes to the effect of undying faith and the strength of compassion and love. As their kinship grows, Jamie reveals that she has leukemia, a type of cancer, and her health begins to deteriorate. This totally breaks Landon and he goes frantic not ac surviveledgeledgeable what to do. He finally turns to the watchword that Jamie had given him. He looks for answers and finally realizes tha t his loves Jamie too much to let her dreams slip away.He knows what to do when he reads the chase passage in the bible. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of you love by canvass it to the earnestness of others. He asks Jamie to marry him. The most memorable part of the book is the wedding ceremony when Jamie gets up from her wheelchair and calls upon all of her remaining strength to walk down the aisle to stand beside Landon. It was as Landon recalls the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make. It was in every way a walk to remember. short enough Jamie passes away.But she doesnt leave before teaching Landon the depths of the human heart she teaches him the power of forgiveness. She was an angel in Landons eyes, who brought him and his father together and she taught him to believe in miracles. A walk to remember was published by grand central publishing in October 1999. It is a stiffcover bound consisting of 250 pages. A walk to remember is an entire ly a work of fiction. amatory drama is the genre of the book. This book is listed as no 12 on the list of 1999 best seller. A walk to remember, received mixed reviews from all over the world. 9% of the reviews being positive, there were some who didnt share the same opinion as the rest of those who consider the book as unforgettable. while African sun times rates the movies as a remarkable love story that, like its predecessors will touch the wagon of readers everywhere, Clarissa Cruz of entertainment weekly pans the novel saying that its cliche riddle pros and twists can be predicted after skimming the prologue. A walk to remember is my favorite book because of the fact that it touched me so deeply. It was the first and only book that ever made me cry.It is a sweet, simple, and beautiful story of how love can lead to miracles. Some may consider it sappy, but thats just how Mr. Sparks wanted it to be. It wasnt a cheesy ending where Jamie miraculously recovers from cancer. Jamie teaches Landon forgiveness, she teaches him to pray, she teaches him love. There is a part in the book where Landon asks Jamie whether, shes at sea her faith. When she replies no, he asks her, whether it is because she studys she will get split up. And Jamie replies no, its because its the only thing I have left.And thats what I learn from the book. creed Faith in god, faith in the fact that things will get better someday, faith that I will be a better person than I am today, faith that Ill see my dreams come true. And finally I would like to conclude with a passage from the bible that Landon considered Jamie to be as the truest essence of its description. Love is always patient and gracious It is never boastful or conceited. Love takes no pleasure in other peoples pain. But delight in truth. It is always ready to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comesA Walk to Remember EssayIf I were diagnosed with a terminal illness, I would probably change a consider of things in my li fe. The majority of people dont take risks or make rash decisions on a daily basis because they know it will impact them the next day. There are so many sayings like live in the present live like theres no tomorrow etc, but the problem is that for most people there IS a tomorrow. Im not saying its bad to think about what you do before you do it by means though. In fact, I am a strong worshiper in thinking things out first- even to a fault sometimes-.So, if I were to be diagnosed with 6 months to live, that would most likely be the first thing I would change. Im sure it would be crazily serious for my family and I if I had a terminal illness and Im sure we would go through all 5 of the stages, but I dont think it would hit us as hard as most. My family and I are strong Christian believers so we all know what will happen to us after we pass on. I believe that the stages of denial and bargaining would go over more smoothly with me than others I know. If I were diagnosed I have I feel ing I would accept it easier than expected due to my beliefs and upbringing.In the movie A Walk to Remember Jamie and Landon go through the stages together, but in very different ways. Jamie has a much easier time with it than Landon because she knows what will happen to her when she dies while Landon had very undecided thoughts on the afterlife. Eventually after going through all the stages though, Landons view on life and death changed dramatically. He completed that life was too precious to worry about what people think about you and he learned to believe in himself. He move into a better person overall and learned that everyday is a blessing.Because of Jamies faith in him, Landon starts to realize his potential he employ for medical school and was accepted and started setting goals for his life. For Jamie on the other hand, she learns not to be afraid to fall in love. That even though she doesnt have long to live she shouldnt deny herself some of the most important things in life. Her priorities changed to making sure she lived out her life as much she could with Landon. While Landons priorities changed in many aspects. He no longer cared what other people thought about him as Jamie became his main focus.When he decided to make all of Jamies dreams come true, he showed how selfless he was becoming and how his view on life and the people around him was changing. So all in all if I were told I had 6 months left to live, I would try and accept it as readily as possible. Personally, I would be mad with myself if I wasted time being depressed while I couldve been living my life. I know in reality Im sure I would be depressed for at least a little bit of time, but I would try to get over that as quickly as possible so I could make my last 6 months the best they could be

No comments:

Post a Comment